Tomorrow is a new moon (for those of us on the west coast), and apparently it is a big one. You see, we are coming into a “1” year…new beginnings and new adventures and some changes. The new moon goes into effect early in the morning, so I have decided to spend some time setting intentions for the year. Setting intentions this time of year (near to my birthday and the New Year) is not a new thing for me, but knowing that we are coming into a ‘1’ year inspires the desire to be more disciplined in setting intentions.
I have so much that I want to do, and this is what I have captured so far:
- write in my journal to my children every week
- write often, with discipline, to develop a body of work that has meaning in the world
- create space for love by listening more and talking less
- move more – be more active and regain my physical health/strength
- create space in community for bridge building
- become a better speaker of Ojibwe and Scots Gaelic
- create a space for Indigenous research outside of the mainstream
- be a channel and chalice for healing
A small list to start, with not much detail. But intentions are funny things….provide a framework, with no attachment to the outcome, and watch what kind of miracles can happen.